Saturday, July 4, 2009

Couchsurfing

So, I'd heard of this before, but I myself have never done this. I have another source of frugal travel. Still, the idea intrigues me, and the internet has made this more possible than ever.

I read about couchsurfing in a blogpost about green traveling. I guess I hadn't really thought of it in that light, but I thought that some people may find this concept right up their alley.

Forget about paying for hotels. Couchsurfing is sleeping on someone's couch. You get to travel and sightsee and surf and do all those things you wanted to do, while spending your nights sleeping on someone's couch. This also makes it a good way to meet people and learn about a place from the locals. The website is also very concerned about safety. There is a verification and vouching system that they utilize, as well as giving advice to travelers and hosts.

Interested? Click here to check the website.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Get Free e-Books!

 

Free & Cheap Guide | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates